Notice of special iPNB meeting
MEMO TO: Members of the Interim Pacifica National Board
FROM: Leslie Cagan, chair of the IPNB
DATE: Tuesday, August 26, 2003
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE IPNB ON TUESDAY, SEPT. 2, 2003
Earlier today Carol Spooner sent an email requesting a special meeting of the IPNB for the purpose of establishing the time frame for the elections of the local station boards. As I have done with all requests for special meetings of this body, I am acting on her request and am convening a meeting one week from today. Here are the details:
WHAT: Special Meeting of the Interim Pacifica National Board
This meeting/conference call will be web cast on www.kpftx.org.
PURPOSE OF THE MEETING/CONFERENCE CALL: to establish a time frame for the process of nominating candidates and electing local station boards.
In her memo Carol included the language of a proposal she wants to make on this call (see below). If anyone else has proposals it would be very helpful to circulate those before the meeting as well. Please feel free to circulate them yourself or send it to me and I will get it out to everyone.
I would appreciate it if you can confirm your participation on this call by responding to this email.
1) Nomination of Delegates shall open on September 5th and close on November 5th, 2003.
2) Ballots and candidates written statements shall be mailed to the members on November 25th.
3) Ballots must be returned by the members no later than December 20th.
4) The ballots shall be counted and the results certified by the Elections Supervisor by December 30th.
5) The newly elected Delegates for each station area shall meet to elect national directors no later than January 10th, 2004.
6) The newly elected Pacifica directors shall be seated at a meeting no later than January 30, 2004."
top of page | iPNB index | home