Text of "Pacifica" national board resolution
From: Carol Spooner wildrose@p...
Date: Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:14 am
Subject: Text of PNB resolution 11/18/01
Pacifica Board Resolution -- passed 11/18/01
PLANS TO CREATE A TRANSITIONAL BOARD TO LEAD TO AN INTERIM BOARD
1) The current members of the PNB will all voluntarily resign.
2) As quickly as possible - hopefully by early in the week of Nov. 26, 2001 - a transitional board will be seated. This will be made up of 5 people appointed by the present board majority, 5 appointed by the board minority (formerly called the dissidents), and five to be appointed by the current LAB Chairs (one from each). The LAB appointees cannot be the LAB Chair and must have been a LAB member as of 9/30/01.
3) This Transitional Board will be mandated to:
4) The Transitional Board will address what has been identified as Hot
Issues, and will need a 2/3 vote for decision making:
5) Limits on the powers of the Transitional Board:
6) The new board will:
7) Once the LAB elections have been completed - and the old LABs are desolved - the new LABs will each elect one person to replace their appointments to the Transitional Board. With the new LAB people seated, the board will become an INTERIM BOARD.
8) The Interim Board will be mandated to address all governance issues, review and revise policies of the Foundation, and review and revise the Foundation's bylaws.
9) The exact timing on everything has not been spelled out, although it is hoped that it all will move as quickly as possible.
10) The Administrative Council (station managers, national program director and executive director) will give input to the Transitional Board and the Interim Board.
MOTION TO ADOPT THIS PROPOSAL:
Passed Unanimously (Except for Cagan Amendment 3-b), Sunday, Nov. 19, 2001:
The Cagan Amendment (3-b) passed by majority vote:
Wendell Johns had been at the meeting earlier and agreed, but was not in the room when the vote was taken. Rabbi Kriegel was called by Rob Robinson on Sunday morning and he agreed as well. There are four other PNB members who will also need to agree: Valrie Chambers, Dick Gregory, Krishna Roy and Marion Barry.
**The Cagan Amendment (3-b) was based upon concerns that fair LAB elections could not be held at the "colonized" stations until such time as the management &/or programming had been changed and there had been time for sufficient on-air voter education on the Pacifica Mission could take place -- and that it would take more than 6 months to make those changes and to develop an audience of voters responsive to Pacifica's mission.
top of page | home