Bylaws Straw Poll
From: John Sheridan
Date: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:48 am
Subject: Bylaws Straw Poll Results - Again but by Percentage For/Against
STRAW POLL ON PACIFICA BYLAWS CONDUCTED VIA EMAIL
There were 40 responses. Not everyone responded to each question. The questions are followed by the PERCENTAGE VOTE, on the left of the choices. Answers with 3 or fewer votes have been omitted from most questions for brevity and clarity. Narrative additions by voters have also been removed for the same reason. I have bolded the top percentage for each question.
1. Who will vote in station board elections?
2. Should Local Station Board be responsible for hiring and firing station
3. Should Local Station Board have responsibility of oversight of GM?
4. Should Local Station Board be responsible for hiring, firing, and
oversight of Program Director?
5. Should Local Station Board have power to amend, adopt, repeal foundation
6a. Should the Local Station Board have the power to develop the station
6b: Should the Local Station Board have the power to approve the station
6c: Should the Local Station Board have the power to monitor/oversee station
7a. Should there be any appointed seats on the Local Station Boards?
7b. Should there be any grandparented seats on the Local Station Boards?
7c. Should there be any appointed seats on the PNB?
7d. Should there be any grandparented seats on the PNB?
8. How should PNB members be chosen?
9. Should there be a national listener bylaws convention in four years (or
10. Should Listener-members have the power to propose:
b) National by-laws?
c) Articles of Incorporation?
11. Should PNB decisions be transparent? (except for personnel and
12. Should listener-members have the power to ratify changes in:
13. Should each Local Station Board 'own' the last 5 minutes of each
14. Should the National Board have the option of using 15 minutes of each
day at each station?
15. Salaries and job-duties of everyone in the Pacifica Foundation shall be
16. PNB will have to have its budget approved by the five stations.
17. The PNB is responsible for insuring that programming at each station is
in accord with the Mission.
18. PNB can mandate, after consultation with local areas, that stations
devote a specified amount of time to programming about governance.
19A. PNB can mandate that stations devote a specified amount of time to
programming about governance (with no need for consultation with local
19B. PNB can mandate, after consultation with local areas, that stations
devote a specified amount of time to programming that remedies lapses in
Powers of the five Local Station Boards in the bylaws proposals: [Note:
This straw poll was released prior to seeing other bylaws models which are
not reflected in this question.]
0% - Robinson (version A)
# # #
top of page | bylaws revisions process info page | governance proposals | bylaws etc | home